Saturday, July 28, 2007

It Shouldn't Be This Easy!

It shouldn't be this easy. It shouldn't be this easy to buy a bike. It shouldn't be this easy to sell my old one. Bikes are special, they're unique, they're the 10% of the population. They're... they simply are. And attaining one should not be this simple.

Today I wandered into the shop on my day off and was greeted across the showroom. "Are you here for breakfast?"
"No, I was thinking about trading in my bike, on a zx6."
Questioningly, "a red one?"
"YES!"
"Good, we have some. Talk to R*" *I'm not going to name name's here*

"I'll be with you in a minute Jeff, just let me finish up with these guys.

So, R, runs outside and looks at my old bike, "you're going to need a new tire."
"yeah, I've got one set aside that I can put on, and it's also got a replacement stator cover and some scratches on the tank/tail."
"We'll give you a good price on it either way."

Very rapidly we went through the breakdown of what it'd cost me to buy the bike. And how much I'd get for mine. Too fast, things were in a rush. Then we filled out a financing application, and I was done. Away I went off to visit my Aunt and Uncle.

I stopped off 3 hours later to find out that I'd been easily approved for financing - take good care of your credit kiddies, and you can buy nice things later on.

I agreed to take delivery on this coming Thursday, and I've now got in my hot little hand a bill of sale for a 2007 ZX6-R in bright smoking red!

A list of proposed mods is
1) corbin seat
2) fender eliminator
3) hugger
4) pazzo levers
5) SS brake lines
6) akraprovic exhaust
7) heat wrap on the header/exhaust

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am.

No comments: